Feb 19, 2010

IPL The new Big Bully

I ll try to keep this short and frank.

If IPL is what you are looking forward to.. well consider this IPL itself is taking everything backwards. It has become a huge monopolistic organisation that would beat the Ego of the erstwhile East India Company. IPL 3 is more bigger and this time around you would be able to watch the matches on the Big screens. Its expected to be more colorful and more fun to watch out for.

But consider this, IPL has prohibited newscasters from broadcasting match clippings for more than 7 minutes a day. Even that can happen only after 30 minutes post the presentation ceremony.  Fans wearing a rival competitors tee shirt would have to remove it and wear the sponsors tee shirt in the stadias. I.e if you and I happen to sport a Airtel Tee shirt , some organizers would come, politely request me to strip it off and wear the Vodafone T- shirt.

Dont I have the freedom to wear what I wish? Is the 4th estate a mere puppet? 

People think, we are feeding a monster that dictates terms on how to enjoy a sport.

tweet me @ lakshman
Sms me @ 9809514944 

No comments:

Post a Comment